Golden Bean North America Proudly Presents The United States of Coffee Online Latte Art Competition!
Registrations for The United States of Coffee Online Latte Art Competition are now open and completely free! Check out the link below to register!
Brought to you by Golden Bean North America & Café Creations, we are now accepting entries into an online/Covid-safe latte art competition, using none other than the Café Creations range of barista-edition plant milks – Planet Oat, Almond Breeze, and Rolling Hills Soy!
Starting November 1, your beautiful works of latte art could win you a range of awesome prizes including gift vouchers, Puq Presses, AND a Rancilio home coffee machine!
A huge thank you to all our competition sponsors @goldenbean.northamerica, @café_creations, @planetoat, @rancilio.usa, @baristatechnology, and @puqpressusa!
Enter the competition here to get your competition packs of milk sent DIRECTLY to your door!
Upload a video to your own Instagram within the below timelines using these tags: @goldenbean.northamerica, @café_creations, @planetoat, @rancilio.usa, @baristatechnology, and @puqpressusa for your chance to win!
The United States of Coffee Online Latte Art Competition Official Rules
Competition Name: United States of Coffee Online Latte Art Competition
Title Sponsor: Cafe Creations
Additional Sponsors: Rancilio Group NA, Barista Technology (PUQPress)
Promoter: Golden Bean North America
Competition open to: Baristas – Café Workers – Home Baristas.
Entry: Residency restriction – contest entries are only available to residents of the United States
Entry age restriction: 18 years and older ONLY
Competition Period (PST Time Zone): Nov 1, 2021 to Nov 17, 2021 at 3pm PST (6pm EST)
How to enter: To enter the competition contestants must register via the website’s entry form. Registration dates are between 10/18/21 – 10/26/21 PST. Contestants will receive 2 cartons of each plant milk (Planet Oat Barista Edition, Almond Breeze Barista Edition, Rolling Hills Soy Barista Edition).
Entrants check in to Golden Bean North America Instagram (@goldenbean.northamerica) 3pm every Monday, starting on Nov 1, to see what pattern and milk will be featured (drawn from randomizer) Each plant milk and design will run for one week, with the finals being done entirely on oat milk.
|Week 1 Pattern/Milk Spin||Week 2 Pattern/Milk Spin||Week 3 Pattern/Milk Spin|
|Announced 3pm Monday PST (6pm EST) Nov 1||Announced 3pm Monday PST (6pm EST) Nov 8||Announced 3pm Monday PST (6pm EST) Nov 15|
|Entries close strictly at 3pm Tuesday PST (6pm EST) Nov 2||Entries close strictly at 3pm Tuesday PST (6pm EST) Nov 9||Entries close strictly at 3pm Tuesday PST (6pm EST) Nov 16|
|Judging and winner announcement Wed 3pm (6pm EST) Nov 3||Judging and winner announcement Wed 3pm (6pm EST) Nov 3||Judging and winner announcement Wed 3pm (6pm EST) Nov 3|
Contestants to make an engaging video performing this design with the specified milk, under these guidelines:
- Make sure your video is 59sec and below
- Video must be uploaded to your own Instagram within 24 hours of pattern being selected (i.e. 3pm on Tuesday Nov 2, 9, 16)
- Be engaging, show your face and introduce yourself
- Show milk carton, and initial shake and pour into milk jug, all in scene
- All latte art to be completed in an 8oz cup
- A clear shot of final pattern required
- Make sure your video is in portrait/upright orientation
- You MUST use the supplied plant milks as the milk for your latte art!
- No color or pattern shaping tools can be used.
- Upload video to your own Instagram using these tags: @goldenbean.northamerica, @café_creations, @planetoat, @rancilio.usa, @baristatechnology, and @puqpressusa.
Are multiple entries permitted? Yes, competitors can enter week 1 and 2
Displaying entries: Via promoter and sponsors Instagram sites
Prizes (Week 1 + 2): PUQPress Mini ($850) + $250 Visa Gift Card – One overall winner each week
Grand Prize (Finals): Rancilio Home Machine ($1850), PUQPress Mini ($850) + $500 Visa Gift Card
Total Prize Pool Value: $5,400.00 USD (shipping costs not included here)
Judges: The judges for the competition will be:
Brandon Bir of Crimson Cup Coffee Roasters
Mark Michaelson – Roasting Consultant, former head roaster of Onyx Coffee
Scotty Angelo – Head Judge, Golden Bean North America (and 2016 winner!)
Determining the winner(s): The entries will be judged based on pattern execution & complexity, and barista presentation. Winner(s) will be determined the following day upon conclusion of judging. All judges’ decisions will be final.
Notifying winners: Winner(s) will be promoted across platforms the following day and contacted via their Instagram account; the name and town of each winner will be published at: Golden Bean North America, Café Creations, and additional sponsors IG pages.
PART A – INTRODUCTION
- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms and conditions.
- By participating in the Competition, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the terms and conditions include the Schedule above.
- Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
- Where there is an inconsistency between the Schedule and Parts A to J of these terms and conditions, the schedule will prevail.
PART B – PRIVACY
- The Promoter will collect and use each entrant’s personal information for the purposes of:
(a) conducting the Competition (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the Competition) and for promotional purposes, public statements and advertisements in relation to the Competition;
(b) providing information about the products and services offered by the Promoter and its related companies and its affiliated retailers; and
(c) research to improve its products and services.
- By entering the Competition, entrants consent to the use of their personal information as described in clause 5.
PART C – WHO CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION
- If the Schedule permits entrants to be under the age of 18 years, such entrants must seek permission from their parent or guardian to enter. If the winner of a prize is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
- Directors and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies and Participating Retailers are not eligible to enter. Immediate families mean spouse, ex-spouse, child, step-child, parent, step-parent, legal guardian, sibling or step-sibling.
PART D – HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
- To enter, each entrant must comply with the ‘How to Enter’ section of the Schedule.
- If the Schedule permits entrants to submit more than one entry, each entry must be unique and submitted separately.
- Entries must not have been published previously or used to win prizes in other competitions.
- An entry cannot be modified after it has been submitted.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to request verification of the age, identity, residential address or any other information relevant to participation in the Competition of all entrants. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or fails to provide information that is reasonably requested by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to accept entries which are incomplete, indecipherable, offensive, do not comply with these terms and conditions or which contravene any applicable laws or regulations.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who has breached any of these terms and conditions, has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct or otherwise acts to cheat or undermine the fairness of the Competition by, for example, tampering with, or using or exploiting errors in, the entry process to obtain a competitive advantage over other entrants.
- The eligibility of entries is solely within the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected or damaged entries or other communications.
PART E – PRIZES
- Each prize is a product and will be mailed to winners.
- If a prize is unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater monetary value. This right is subject to any applicable legislation, regulations or directions from a regulatory authority.
- Once a prize has left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for the prize being damaged, lost or stolen.
- All taxes (local, state or federal) as a consequence of receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
- A winner’s use of the prize is entirely at their own risk. Before a prize is awarded, a winner may be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoter from and indemnifying the Promoter against any liability arising from the winner’s acceptance and use of the prize and the winner’s participation in the Competition.
PART F – HOW THE WINNER(S) ARE DETERMINED
- The Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner(s).
- At the time and date specified in the “Determining the winner(s)” section of the Schedule, each valid entry will be judged individually on its merits by the Judges based on the Content Criteria.
- The winning entry or entries will be the entry or entries that best satisfy the Content Criteria, as determined by the Judges.
- The number of winning entries to be selected will be the same as the total number of prizes specified in the Schedule.
- The Judges’ decision will be final and binding and no correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
- Each winner will receive a prize.
PART G – NOTIFICATION AND CLAIMING THE PRIZE(S)
- The Promoter will provide each winner with instructions on how to claim their Prize. It is the responsibility of each winner to comply with the Promoter’s instructions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request each winner to provide proof of their identity and/or proof that they were responsible for the winning entry.
- Each winner agrees to participate and cooperate, as required, in all publicity activities relating to the Competition, including, without limitation, being interviewed, photographed, filmed and recorded. Each winner authorises the Promoter and sponsor to use such content for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity worldwide.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to notify the Promoter of any change to their contact details.
PART H – UNCLAIMED PRIZES
- The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to identify and notify each winner in an attempt to ensure that each winner receives their prize. However, if a winner cannot be identified or does not claim the prize within three months of the date on which the winners are determined, their prize is forfeited and will be awarded to the next best entry.
PART I – NO LIABILITY
35. If entry is via Facebook or if the competition is promoted on Facebook, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook and each entrant agrees to grant Facebook a complete release from any claims that they have or may have in the future which relate to or are incidental to the competition. Entrants acknowledge and agree that:
(a) any information they provide in connection with the competition is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook or any other social network; and
(b) any questions, comments or complaints regarding the competition will be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook or any other social network.
36. If entry is via Instagram or if the Competition is promoted on Instagram, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram and each entrant agrees to grant Instagram a complete release from any claims that they now have or may have in the future which relate to or are incidental to the Competition. Entrants acknowledge and agree that:
(a) any information they provide in connection with the Competition is provided to the Promoter and not to Instagram or any other social network; and
(b) any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition will be directed to the Promoter, not to Instagram or any other social network.
(c) moderator to reserve the right to change, adjust, amend any direct or secondary content that may be out of line with competition.
PART J – TERMINATION OF COMPETITION
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary the terms of, or cancel, the Competition at any time without liability to any entrant or other person, subject to applicable laws.